Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Look Back

It's weird to me to look back on my six years of youth ministry in Orange Beach. Sometimes it feels as though that time did not exist. It is almost painful to look at pictures from students that I worked with. It reminds me of the movie Back to the Future when Marty's face seems to be disappearing from all the pictures. Why does that happen? Why do we seem to grow so far apart from people we were once so close to? Six years...six years seems to be a long time. I often wonder if I made an impact at all. I loved those kids. I still think about them often. I do not think they know how often I think about them.

I believe that God has given me a mission to make a difference in young peoples' lives. Right now I feel like my relationship with the Lord is so stale. I pray that God give me a fresh insight into his Word, a new desire to serve Him and love Him with all of my being. I want to make a difference in a good way. I hope and pray that the students I work with now, and have worked with in the past know that I love them and care about them. I want them to know that I love them the way Jesus loves them. I know that the Lord has me where he wants me. I also know that He desires for me to be in youth ministry, not neccessarily as a paid job, but in some form or fashion. My heart breaks for ones that seem so lost, and do not know they need a Lord in their life.

I think the hardest part in youth ministry is to see students that you have poured your life into, and have chosen to run away from a God that loves them and wants only what is best for them. If they only knew...if I only knew how much we are loved and desired by our Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment