Friday, April 17, 2009

LIFE TO THE FULLEST

John 10:10 says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. "

For some reason, today, this verse has stood out in my mind. I think part of it is because I am realizing how often I allow Satan to steal my joy. I believe that God has come to bring me a fresh, new, and abundant life. When I first discovered Him, I experienced new and abundant life, but as time has gone on, I have fallen in to old routine, where I am sitting and waiting for life to happen to me.

No longer. Today is a new day. I have decided to set goals for myself. Goals that are obtainable, but will require me to not sit around. Amongst these goals, I will do my best to not waste money in the process, but be creative in how I pull all of it off. I will also invite friends on my journey. Here is what I hope to accomplish by May 2010:
  • Complete my Master's degree.
  • Maintain my teaching position in the same school.
  • Let the people closest know how much I care for them by loving them in their love language.
  • Serve others as often as I can, not just when asked.
  • Run a marathon. (Stop talking about it, and DO IT!")
  • Get involved in a Bible Study.
  • Rebuild my relationship with the Lord to one that is strong, and full of joy.
  • GET HEALTHY!!- Include veggies, fruit, water and exercise in my daily life.
  • Pay off credit card debt.
  • Plan outings with friends, and have friends over.
  • Make ateast 5 new friends.
  • Reconnect with 5 old friends.

For the fun stuff:

  • Go kayaking or canoeing
  • Go camping.
  • Go hiking, possibly in the mountains.
  • Get a group to go to Stix River.
  • Beach trips with friends.
  • Rock climbing.
  • Mountain biking (10 mile trip)
  • Boogie boarding/ surfing
  • Ride a wave runner
  • Go boating
  • Spend an entire day on the water with friends.
  • Get in touch with someone I have not talked to in a while, and meet up to hang out
  • Go to a concert
  • Plan 2 really good girl outings

Anyone want to come along for the journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment