For some reason, today, this verse has stood out in my mind. I think part of it is because I am realizing how often I allow Satan to steal my joy. I believe that God has come to bring me a fresh, new, and abundant life. When I first discovered Him, I experienced new and abundant life, but as time has gone on, I have fallen in to old routine, where I am sitting and waiting for life to happen to me.
No longer. Today is a new day. I have decided to set goals for myself. Goals that are obtainable, but will require me to not sit around. Amongst these goals, I will do my best to not waste money in the process, but be creative in how I pull all of it off. I will also invite friends on my journey. Here is what I hope to accomplish by May 2010:
- Complete my Master's degree.
- Maintain my teaching position in the same school.
- Let the people closest know how much I care for them by loving them in their love language.
- Serve others as often as I can, not just when asked.
- Run a marathon. (Stop talking about it, and DO IT!")
- Get involved in a Bible Study.
- Rebuild my relationship with the Lord to one that is strong, and full of joy.
- GET HEALTHY!!- Include veggies, fruit, water and exercise in my daily life.
- Pay off credit card debt.
- Plan outings with friends, and have friends over.
- Make ateast 5 new friends.
- Reconnect with 5 old friends.
For the fun stuff:
- Go kayaking or canoeing
- Go camping.
- Go hiking, possibly in the mountains.
- Get a group to go to Stix River.
- Beach trips with friends.
- Rock climbing.
- Mountain biking (10 mile trip)
- Boogie boarding/ surfing
- Ride a wave runner
- Go boating
- Spend an entire day on the water with friends.
- Get in touch with someone I have not talked to in a while, and meet up to hang out
- Go to a concert
- Plan 2 really good girl outings
Anyone want to come along for the journey?